The Ministry of Health, Wellness and the Environment (MOHWE) has implemented revised regulations for Patient Visits at the Milton Cato Memorial Hospital (MCHM) in response to COVID-19.
- Group visits are no longer permitted
- New Visiting Hours: 3pm to 5pm (the 11am to 12pm visiting hour slot has been removed)
- No more than two (2) persons will be permitted to see a patient at any one time on the general adult wards or on the Pediatric Ward
- No more than one (1) person will be permitted to visit a patient at any one time on the Maternity B ward
- The recommended maximum time limit for visits is 10 minutes
- The visitor would be required to state the name and ward for the patient he/she would like to visit
- Visitors must present a picture ID at the Security Booth. The ID would be kept and the visitor pass will be issued to persons granted entry. The ID would be returned on exit and the pass surrendered.
- The visitor pass would be specific to a particular ward and would not be able to be used for a different ward
- Only persons holding a “Pass” will be allowed to visit a patient
- Persons who are ill or who may have been exposed to persons infected with COVID-19 are asked NOT to visit the hospital
- Persons who have been in SVG for less than fourteen (14) days are asked NOT to visit the hospital
- Patients requiring entry to the facility for the purpose of accessing other services will be expected to show supporting documentation (e.g. prescription, appointment cards, hospital bill, forms for procedures, etc.)
- All existing restrictions remain in force
The MCMH wishes to encourage the general public to ensure that personal supplies for loved ones are brought within visiting hours.
“Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. These regulations have been updated at a time when the world is facing a coronavirus pandemic. The safety of our patients, staff and the public is a top priority.”