T&T’s Ministry of Health Reports Two New COVID-19 Cases, Total 9

  • by

Two more people have tested positive for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Trinidad and Tobago.

This was confirmed by the Ministry of Health in a press release sent on Wednesday (Mar. 18) night, LoopTT reports.

Both patients, a man and a woman, have recent travel histories. Their cases are said to be unrelated.

These two new cases bring the total number of confirmed cases in the country to nine.

The Ministry said, so far, all confirmed cases in Trinidad and Tobago have been imported.

Members of the public are reminded that personal protective measures are the most effective tools against COVID-19.

It said social distancing is particularly critical at this time given the manner in which the disease is spread.

Social distancing, it said, means reducing one’s contact with others.

Persons are encouraged to distance themselves from others, especially those who cough or sneeze.

Additionally, kissing, hugging, shaking hands and participating in unnecessary social gatherings are not advised.