NAME: Christal Oliver
BIRTHDAY: October 8th
SIGN: Peace! Just kidding… Libra.
I’m a past student of the Calliaqua Anglican School, the Kingstown Preparatory School, St. Vincent Girls’ High School and the SVG Community College. I’m a firm believer in the power of education so every day I try to learn something new. Since 2009 I have been designing and making handbags under the brand, Olive Art Designs.
Over the years I have developed a love for Carnival and all things cultural. I love playing the steel pan. In 2017, I placed 2nd Runner-Up in the Miss SVG pageant. I have been the MC of the Vinlec Junior Pan Fest, held during Carnival, for the past five years and am a member of the Youlou Pan Movement Executive, the governing body for steel pan in SVG. I love fruits, the outdoors & all things positive!
Christal is also a mother to son, Zephan, born October 30, 2020.
- FUN FACT: Fried plantain is life! And yes, I’m also obsessed with new fabric.
- FAVORITE QUOTE: “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” Nelson Mandela
- “Make sure when you fall you land on your back if you can look up you can get up.” – Les Brown
- FAVORITE MUSIC GENRE: SOCA!!!!
- ROLE MODEL: Will Smith/Nelson Mandela
- RADIO EXPERIENCE: 3 years
- REP YUH CREW: None, but power to all the female entrepreneurs!
SHIFT TIMES – The Wake Up Call:
Monday – Thursday: 6am – 10am
Friday – 6am – 9am
SOCIAL MEDIA DETAILS:
Facebook: Christal Kimberly Oliver